Open as PDF
BlackBerry basics shortcuts
• To move the cursor, roll the trackball.
• To exit a screen or move back a page in the browser, press the Escape key.
• To move to a list item or menu item, type the first letter of the item.
• To select or clear a check box, press the Space key.
• To view available values in a field, press the Alt key.
• To switch applications, hold the Alt key and press the Escape key. Continue to hold the Alt key and highlight an application. Release
the Alt key.
• To return to the Home screen, press the End key.
• To delete a highlighted item, press the Backspace/Delete key.
On the Home screen
• To lock the keyboard, hold the asterisk (*) key. To unlock the keyboard, press the asterisk (*) key and the Send key.
• To lock the device, set a password. Hold the asterisk (*) key. To unlock the device, type your password. Press the Enter key.
• To switch between the active notification profile and the Vibrate notification profile, hold the # key.
• To answer a call, press the Send key.
• To insert a plus sign (+) when typing a phone number, hold 0.
• To add an extension to a phone number, press the X key. Type the extension number.
• To assign a speed dial number to a key, on the Home screen or in the phone, hold the key.
• To turn on the speakerphone during a call, press the period (.) key. To turn off the speakerphone during a call, press the period (.)
• To check your voice mail, hold 1.
• To type a letter in a phone number field, hold the Alt key. Use the multi-tap input method to type the letter.
• To move to the top of the Phone screen, press the Space key.
• To view the last phone number that you typed in the phone, press the Space key and the Enter key. To dial the phone number,
press the Send key.
• To view your contact list in the phone, press the Space key. Hold the Send key.
• To switch phone numbers, in the phone, click your active phone number. Click a phone number.