Open as PDF
Turning Your Phone On and Off
Turning Your Phone ON
1) Fully extend the antenna to receive the best reception.
2) Press for two seconds. The phone will display
“Searching for Service” until it locates a signal, then it will
automatically enter Standby mode – the phone’s idle
state. At this point, you’re ready to begin making and
Turning Your Phone OFF
Press for two seconds until the screen displays its
powering off message (for example, “LG Goodbye!”).
Call quality is always best when the antenna is fully
raised. If you’re inside a building, being near a window
may give you better reception.You can see the strength
of your signal by the signal indicator ( ) on your
phone’s display screen.
Power Save Mode
When the phone is in an area without service for about
15 minutes, it stops searching for service and enters into
the Power Save Mode. When your phone activates this
feature, Power Save is displayed on your screen. The
phone automatically checks for service periodically or
you can check manually by pressing any key.
Chapter 2 Basic Functions
WARNING! The desktop charger and the travel
charger cannot be used at the same time
because the battery may be altered or damaged.
Battery Information and Care
1. Never use an unauthorized battery since this could
damage the phone and / or battery and could cause
the battery to explode.
2. You do not need to wait until the battery is empty
before recharging the battery.
3. Use only LG chargers specific to your phone model
since they are designed to maximize battery life.
4. Do not disassemble or short-circuit the battery.
5. Keep the battery’s metal contacts clean.
6. Replace the battery when it no longer provides
acceptable performance. The battery can be
recharged several hundred times before requiring
7. Recharge the battery after long periods of non-use
to maximize battery life.
8. Do not expose the battery charger to direct sunlight
or use it in areas of high humidity such as a bath-
9. Do not leave the battery in hot or cold places as it
may deteriorate battery performance.
10. Battery life varies due to factors such as location,
usage patterns, etc.
11. Using features such as backlight settings, search-
ing for service, the MiniBrowser, data connectivity,
and synchronization affects the battery life and talk
/ standby times.