Open as PDF
12 Entering Text 13Calls
Entering Letters (Abc/ABC/abc)
Press a number key (2 through 9) multiple times until the preferred letter is shown
on the screen. Press once to enter the ﬁrst letter on the keypad; press twice
quickly to enter the second letter, and so on.
• Press the 0 Key to add a space.
• Hold the 0 Key to enter 0.
• When using “Abc” mode, only the ﬁrst letter will be capitalized.
• After entering the ﬁrst capital letter, the input mode will be changed to “abc”
Press the # Key and select 123. The input method icon ( ) is shown on the
display. You can enter numbers directly using the number keys.
Tip: To enter a space when using number input, press the # Key and select any of
the ABC input methods. Press the 0 Key to enter the space.
Press the * Key.
Use the 4-Way Navigation Key to select a symbol.
Press the OK Key.
Making a Voice Call
From idle mode, enter a phone number.
Press the Send Key to call the number.
Using the Address Book
From idle mode, select Menu > Address Book.
Highlight a contact and press the Send Key to call the contact.
Using Call Options
During a call, you can press the Left Soft Key for more options. The options vary
depending on the functions you are currently using.
• Hold/Unhold: Put the current call on hold or retrieve the call.
• End call: End the current call.
• DTMF off/on: Enable or disable the sending of Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency
(DTMF) tones, which allow you to communicate with automated systems using
• Message: Switch to the Messaging menu during a call.
• Contacts: Switch to the Address Book menu during a call.
• Browser: Browse the Internet during a call.
When a voice call comes in, press the Send Key to answer the call.
Tip: If you have connected a headset to the phone, you can press the button on
the headset to answer the call (if the headset supports this function).