Open as PDF
In a message list, you can search for messages using specific criteria that you can save for future use. You can also search for messages
by contact or subject.
You can use the search application to search for messages, contacts, calendar entries, and tasks on your BlackBerry® device. You can also
manage contacts, calendar entries, and tasks from the search results list.
Search for messages
You can save your search criteria so that you can repeat your search at another time.
1. In a message list, press the Menu key.
2. Click Search.
3. Set the search criteria.
4. Click the trackball.
5. Perform one of the following actions:
• To save the search criteria, click Save. Add a title. Click the trackball. Click Save.
• To search the message list without saving your search criteria, click Search.
• To search the message list using the criteria from your last search, click Last. Click the trackball. Click Search.
To stop a search, press the Escape key.
Specify one or more contacts or email addresses that the search should find in messages. You can also specify part of the name to
widen the search.
Set in which address field the search should find the name.
Type text that the search should find in the subject of messages.
Type text that the search should find in the body of messages.
If your BlackBerry® device is associated with more than one email account, set the type of email account from which the search should
Set the folders in which the search should find messages.