Open as PDF
Power and battery
Turn off your device
Depending on your theme, the location or name for Turn Power Off might differ from the location or name in this procedure. For more
information about application locations and names, see the printed documentation that came with your device.
• If you have not set your BlackBerry® device to turn on and turn off automatically at specific times, hold the Power key.
• If you have set your device to turn on and turn off automatically at specific times, on the Home screen, click Turn Power Off. If
you want the device to stay turned off until you press the Power key, click Full Power Off. If you want the device to turn on again
at the specified time or for alarm or calendar reminders, click Turn Off.
Set your device to turn on and turn off automatically
1. In the device options, click Auto On/Off.
2. Set the Weekday field to Enabled.
3. Specify the times when the BlackBerry® device should turn on and off on weekdays.
4. Set the Weekend field to Enabled.
5. Specify the times when the device should turn on and off on weekends.
6. Press the Menu key.
7. Click Save.
Check the battery power level
In the device options, click Status.
Check the battery power level using a voice command
1. In the voice dialing application, wait for the sound.
2. Say "Check battery."
Reset the device
Remove and reinsert the battery.
Extend battery life
• Set the BlackBerry® device to turn on and turn off automatically.
• Turn off the connection to a wireless network when you are not in a coverage area for that wireless network.