Open as PDF
When typing text, type pin: and the PIN.
Expand a folder
1. Click a folder with a plus sign (+) beside it.
2. If necessary, click Expand.
Collapse a folder
1. Click a folder with a minus sign (-) beside it.
2. If necessary, click Collapse.
BlackBerry basics shortcuts
• To move the cursor, roll the trackball.
• To move back a screen, press the Escape key.
• To move to a list item or menu item, type the first letter of the item.
• To select or clear a check box, press the Space key.
• To view available values in a field, press the Alt key.
• To switch applications, hold the Alt key and press the Escape key. Continue to hold the Alt key and highlight an application. Release
the Alt key.
• To return to the Home screen, press the End key.
• To delete a highlighted item, press the Backspace/Delete key.
On the Home screen
• To lock the keyboard, hold the asterisk (*) key. To unlock the keyboard, press the asterisk (*) key and the Send key.
• To lock the device, set a password. Hold the asterisk (*) key. To unlock the device, type your password. Press the Enter key.
• To switch between the active notification profile and the Vibrate notification profile, hold the # key.
BlackBerry basics troubleshooting
No application opens when I press a Convenience key
Verify that you have not deleted the application that you assigned to the key.
Assign a different application to the key.
Some features are not available on my device
Depending on your wireless service plan or the type of email account that is associated with your BlackBerry® device, some features might
not be available on your device.