Open as PDF
BlackBerry basics troubleshooting
No application opens when I press a Convenience key
Verify that you have not deleted the application that you assigned to the key.
Assign a different application to the key.
Some features are not available on my device
Depending on your wireless service plan or the type of email account that is associated with your BlackBerry® device, some features might
not be available on your device.
If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, your organization might not have set up some
features or might prevent you from using some features or options. If an administrator has set an option for you, a red lock indicator
appears beside the option field.
For more information about the features that are available on your device, contact your wireless service provider or administrator.
I cannot make or receive calls
Try performing the following actions:
• Verify that your BlackBerry® device is connected to the wireless network.
• If you cannot make calls and fixed dialing is turned on, verify that the phone number for your contact appears in your fixed dialing
list or turn off fixed dialing.
• If you have traveled to another country and you have not changed your smart-dialing options, dial the full phone number, including
the country code and area code, for your contact.
• If you are not receiving calls, verify that call blocking and call forwarding are turned off.
• If your SIM card supports more than one phone number, but you have only one phone number, verify that the phone number is set
as the primary number.