Open as PDF
introducing your phone
To charge the battery using the PC data cable:
1. Open the cover to the multifunction jack on the top of
2. Plug the micro USB end of the PC data cable into the
3. Plug the other end of the PC data cable into a USB port
on a PC.
Depending on the type of PC data cable you are
using, it might take some time before charging begins.
4. When the battery is fully charged (the battery icon
is no longer moving), unplug the PC data cable from the
phone and then from the PC.
Insert a Memory Card (optional)
To store additional multimedia files, you must insert a
memory card. Your phone accepts microSD™ or
microSDHC™ memory cards up to 32 GB (depending on
the memory card manufacturer and type).
Samsung uses approved memory standards for
memory cards but some brands might not be fully
compatible with your phone. Using an incompatible
memory card might damage your phone or the
memory card and can corrupt data stored on the card.
• Your phone only supports the FAT file structure for
memory cards. If you insert a card formatted with a
different file structure, your phone will prompt you to
reformat the memory card.
• Frequent writing and erasing of data will shorten the
lifespan of memory cards.
• When you insert a memory card into your phone,
the file directory of the memory card will appear in
the /sdcard/sd folder under the internal memory