Open as PDF
getting started with your phone
2. Pause on the second character for a moment and then
drag your finger to the next character.
3. Continue until you have finished the word.
4. Release the finger on the last character. The word is
inserted into the text input field.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 to complete your text.
Tap and hold each key to enter additional characters.
6. You can also use the following keys:
1 Change case.
2 Switch between Symbol mode and ABC/Number
3 Delete characters.
4 Insert a space.
• To hide the Swype keyboard, press [ ].
• To view the Help information about using the Swype
keyboard, tap and hold .
Using the Samsung keypad
To enter text using the Samsung keypad:
1. Select and select a text input method.
You can select one of key input methods (QWERTY or
traditional keypad) or the handwriting input methods.
2. Enter text by selecting alphanumeric keys or by writing
on the touch screen.