Open as PDF
coverage area, wireless emergency alerts may not be
available. For more information, please contact your
Emergency Alerts allows customers to receive
geographically-targeted messages. Alert messages are
provided by the US Department of Homeland Security and
will alert customers of imminent threats to their safety within
their area. There is no charge for receiving an Emergency
There are three types of Emergency Alerts:
Alerts issued by the President
Alerts involving imminent threats to safety of life (Extreme and
AMBER Alerts (missing child alert)
Customers may choose not to receive Imminent Threats
(Extreme and Severe) and AMBER Alerts. Alerts issued by the
President can not be disabled. To disable Imminent Threats
and AMBER Alerts, follow the instructions below:
1. From the main Home screen, tap
2. Press ➔
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap
4. All alerts are enabled by default (checkmark showing).
Tap on an alert option to disable the alert and remove
Email enables you to review and create email using various
email services. You can also receive text message alerts
when you receive an important email.
Creating an Email Account
If you want to set up a Corporate email account, see
“Synchronizing a Corporate Email Account” on page 98.
1. From the Home screen, tap
Set up email
screen is displayed.
2. Enter you email address in the
3. Enter your password in the
4. If you want to see your password as it is being typed,
to create a checkmark.
6. Enter an account name for this email account